PLAYERS CODE OF CONDUCT
- I will play soccer because I want to, not because others want me to.
- I will play by the rules of soccer, and in the spirit of the game.
- I will show respect at all times for all coaches, all referees, all players, all spectators, and all club officials.
- I will control my temper. I will not fight or use foul or abusive language or inappropriate gestures.
- I will be a team player.
- I know that winning isn’t everything – having fun, playing fair, improving my skills, making friends and doing my best are all important.
- I will acknowledge all good play – that of my team-mates and of my opponents.
- I understand that Coaches are there to coach and not to improve my behavior. If I am found to be behaving badly, my coach is permitted to remove me from the event. Furthermore, the responsibility of my behavior outside of team-sanctioned events is not that of team staff but is the responsibility myself, and of my family or guardian.
- I will never take part in a practice, game or team event while under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol.
- I will not take part in any form of bullying, either to an opposing player or to a player on my team.
- Bullying in any form, whether in person, electronically (any form of social media) will not be tolerated.
GAMES AND PRACTICES
- I recognize that practices are as equally important as are games for the development of myself as a soccer player and as a person..
- I will arrive at the field before practices and games according to the standards set by my team Coach.
- If I cannot make a game or practice, I will notify the team Coach at least 48 hours in advance so that arrangements for substitutes can be made.
- I realize that players who attend practices may get priority in the game starting line-up. Starting line-ups are based on several factors including attendance at practices, player’s position, effort, attitude, etc.
- I will turn off all electronic devices (cell phones, video games, etc.) before arrival at my practice, game or team event and leave them off until I am finished.
- I realize that playing time is not always going to be equal despite my coaches attempt to equalize. In fact some teams (higher level Competitive teams) are permitted to use an “earned playing time” system. At the development and recreation levels, playing time shall be equitable.
- I realize playing time is not always going to be equal. Higher level Competitive teams will use an “earned playing time” system. Recreational League and Development ages (U12 and under) will be closer to equal but not exactly equal.
- I will leave all venues as neat and tidy as I found them and will remove all refuse from my area.
- I will take good care of my uniform and wear it only on game days.
- I will ensure my jersey is tucked in at all times as required by the laws of the game.
- I will wear shin guards, socks, appropriate footwear, and bring my own water bottle to all games and practices.
- At practices I will wear approved attire, such as athletic shirt and shorts; as determined by my coach.
- I understand that; rolling up my shorts to reduce their size, wearing short tops to expose my midriff, or exposing my bare shoulders could be considered inappropriate soccer attire and I will accept my coaches decision as to what will be acceptable attire in practices and games.
- I will abide by the MYSA rules and remove all jewelry for practices and games (except for medically approved bracelets and eye wear).
If for any reason the Code of Conduct is not followed by the player, any [one or more] of the following steps may be taken by the Coach or the Club:
- Reduce the playing time of the player; and/or
- Suspend the player for some time period
- Remove the child from the team.