NPSC is required to follow all rules as outlined in the MYSA Policy and Rules Manual related to the assigning and contracting of referees and assistant referees. All referees must be assigned by a MNSRA certified assignor. It is the referee's responsibility to re-certify annually. Referees are independent contractors of the club and are not considered employees.
Referees are needed for the New Prague 2017 Fall Soccer season!
(Certify NOW as assigning will begin in late August!)
The New Prague Soccer Club continues to grow in numbers. With more teams playing in New Prague each year, we have an ever growing need for more referees. Please consider becoming a certified USSF Soccer Referee! Both adult and youth referees are needed. To prepare for the upcoming season, here are the steps each new referee will need to take:
- Visit the Minnesota State Referee Website, and complete your certification training. This includes a combination of online and classroom training.
- Order a referee kit (uniform and accessories). 1st year referees can get away with just buying a yellow short sleeve kit.
- Visit the Game Officials Website and create an account. This is where you will be assigned games and be able to let your assignor know of your availability. Instructions on how to set yourself up on Game Officials can be found at newpraguesoccer.com/gameofficials-set-up/.
- Watch the MYSA video presentation on Team Check In and Game Reporting. This is how you will check in teams before each game and then report all scores and incidents after your matches. Different from Summer of 2016, the check in process is done via a electronic passes and teams will no longer have physical player passes at the games.
Please visit the New Prague Soccer Website under the Referee tab for more detailed information to the above instructions. If you still have questions after that, please contact your referee assignor or referee coordinator for the club.
Referee Assignor - Ken Sulich (email@example.com)
Referee Coordinator - Kris Beatrez (firstname.lastname@example.org)
New Prague Referee Expectations
- Show up at least 30 minutes before the start of all games
- Come prepared with proper officiating attire
- Bring a pen/pencil and scorecard to each game
- Input the scores for each game in the gameofficials.net site
- Perform your job as assigned
- Do not trade out assignments excessively
- Notify the Referee Assignor for all changes in assignment
To join our SRC group on GameOfficials, go to "my assignors" and click on "join new group"
Group number: 1557
Access code: soccer (all lower case)
Our group shows up as Minnesota USSF Referees
All referees will have to answer whether or not they have completed their background check. If you are under the age of 18, you are to answer "No" to this question.
2017 New Prague Referee Pay
|Age Group: Boys & Girls||Center Referee||AR#1||AR#2|
|U9, U10||$ 25.00||$ -||$ -|
|U11, U12||$ 33.00||$23.00||$23.00|
|U13, U14||$ 39.00||$28.00||$28.00|
|U15, U16||$ 45.00||$34.00||$34.00|
|U17, U18||$ 60.00||$40.00||$40.00|
(Referee payment will be via Go Pay in 2017!)
There will be a brief meeting for any new, or 1st or 2nd referee…. or anyone on the fence thinking about becoming a soccer referee Thursday Feb. 16th. This is an excellent opportunity for any youth or adults looking to become involved in the game of soccer as a referee. Parents of youth referees are…