Who Can Officiate?
We only use officials who are certified by the Minnesota State Referee Committee (MNSRC). Anyone aged 13 or older can certify to become a referee. Referees work as independent contractors of the club.
If you have not refereed before, you will need to do all of the following:
- Visit the MNSRC website to learn about becoming a ref and to complete your certification for 2020: https://www.minnesotasrc.com
- Once your certification is complete with the MNSRC:
- Click on the “Assignment” link on the left hand side of the MNSRC home page.
- Under “Search Available Competitions” use “Search by City” to select New Prague and then click on “Submit City”.
- New Prague Soccer Club will pop up and you can then select “Register for This Competition”
NOTE: Until you do this, I will not be able to assign you to any games.
- Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will send you the information to get set up in our assigning system.
- Purchase equipment and uniform either in person at a Planet Soccer store http://planetsoccermn.com/ or online at www.officialsports.com
If you ref’ed with NPSC in 2019, your information is already in our system. Please be sure to complete your MNSRC re-certification requirements well in advance of the 2020 season: https://www.minnesotasrc.com
If you have not ref’ed with New Prague before, be sure to add New Prague to your competitions on the MNSRC web site (see #2 above).
How to Get Assigned to Games
NPSC uses GameOfficials to assign referees to our games. If you have a GameOfficials account, you can join using the following information:
- Group/Assignor Number: 1230
- Group Access Code: 56071
All referees must treat players, coaches, parents and each other with respect.
Dress and behave professionally on and off the field. This includes wearing the correct uniform.
Arrive a minimum of 20 minutes before kick-off to begin pregame inspections of the field and players.
Honor your assignments. Unexcused turn-backs will cost you future assignments.
Referees earn their matches. Assignors are not obligated to assign you matches.
Communicate any and all issues to the assignor immediately following a game.
NPSC is required to follow all rules as outlined in the MYSA Policy and Rules Manual related to the assigning and contracting of referees and assistant referees. All referees must be assigned by a MNSRC certified assignor. Referees are independent contractors of the club and are not considered employees. It is the referee's responsibility to re-certify annually.
2019 New Prague Referee Pay
*Note: All Center referees assignments will made on the basis of age and experience.
- MYSA Referee Info: https://www.mnyouthsoccer.org/referees
- US Youth Soccer Referee Info: https://www.usyouthsoccer.org/referees/
- Concussion Training: https://headsup.cdc.gov/
Referee Assignor – New Prague Soccer Club